The EU EN standard is an international standard and was published as an official document in June 2005. EN1004 is a standard specification for the design, manufacture, testing and use of movable scaffolding or platform products in the European Union. This standard replaces the HD1004.
Early rise, with the development of European construction, there are two major problems in the development of movable scaffolding:
1) Manufacturers of mobile scaffolding or mobile platforms have extremely unsafe conditions in the design of four leg and moving casters during prefabrication or construction of the product;
2) The ladder manufacturer considers the same unsafe factor when using a movable aluminum structure workbench with casters.
Therefore, CEN/TC53 decided in 1980 to develop standards for movable scaffolding and platforms that are comparable to European scaffolding standards EN12810-2 and EN12811-3. In the continuous improvement, EN1004:2004 is currently the latest version.
According to CEN/CENELEC internal regulations, national standards organizations of the following countries will implement this standard: Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.
Mobile aluminum scaffolding
Mobile aluminum scaffolding is a product form of mobile scaffolding designed and built in strict accordance with EN1004.
The EN1004 standard is suitable for the design of movable scaffolding, manufacturing heights from 2.5m to 12.0m (indoor) and widths from 2.5m to 8.0m (outdoor).
The standard includes:
- give guidance on the main dimensions and the choice of stabilization treatment;
- safety and performance requirements;
- Some information about the complete workbench.
Its test items include:
- Overall structural dimensions (including platform plate size, net height, guardrail size, step size, etc.)
- Caster test
- The most unfavorable load combination test of the whole structure (the total height of the sample should not exceed 3m)
- Platform uniform load (level 2 or level 3)
- Platform components subjected to force deflection
- Guardrail deflection
- Vertical component combination tilt angle - overall structural stiffness test
Note: “Indoor” in this document means that the workbench is not exposed to the wind, and “outdoor” means that the workbench may be exposed to the wind.